Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

iPhone Conversations

I may not be like most married women who owns an iPhone. I mean sure, I use it to check social media 100 times a day and text more than I should, but I also think there is a time and place to do those things. I can't stand watching couples sitting at a table in a restaurant together with their noses stuck in their phones.

Where is the quality conversations nowadays? I don't know how people don't enjoy quality time talking about the dumbest things. Like the other day, we talked about the possibility that all kid shows are probably just adults on drugs. For example, for those of you who have seen The Magic School Bus as a kid knows that a fun-loving teacher, Ms Frizzle, has this magic school bus that can take them on impossible field trips to teach them about different things, such as the digestive track, or bacteria, or about music and sound. I remember saying to Stephen one day at dinner, "What if Ms. Frizzle is on drugs and the whole show is her hallucination of the field trip such as the time when she takes her class to the 'ocean' to learn about micro organisms, she is really in the school fountain shouting at confused kids to take a look at the micro organisms which turn out to be pennies kids throw in there?" These are the conversations I have with Stephen almost on a daily basis.

Anyways, speaking of smart phones, I was looking through my pictures and I noticed how many screen shots of text messages I have. I mean, I guess I thought I was hilarious enough or something to save them to my phone. I mean, I AM hilarious, but I'm also really humble about it. But seriously, have you ever had a conversation via text that just struck you as funny and you felt like you had to share it with someone? I have so many texts that it almost seems not fair to share them with y'all.

My parents are some of the funniest people I know. This is the type of random conversations I have with them.

 
*Disclaimer! In no way are either of my parents Bi...except my mom is bi pictorial.
Still trying to figure that one out.

This next picture is by no means a text message conversation, but merely a way to show how hilarious my parents truly are


 
I obviously get my humility from my father.
 
This one is my personal favorite; it's a conversation between my dad and me. My sister's name is Marissa and we nickname her Rissa. Auto correct turns "Rissa" into "Russia," so...
 


Russia is next
 
 

Lastly, here are the final few text messages between my husband and me. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.



 This one, if you remember, was the hamburger wrapping from the first blog entry. I forgot to add this there so here it is.


The roaring lion, the head of the household, the spider killer! Ladies and gentlemen, my husband.

 

Later that evening, the roaring lion of a husband almost slept on the couch.

 
All joking aside, I have a blast with my family, no matter where they are. I enjoy the entertainment they provide.
 
What are your thoughts? Have you ever had a texting conversation (not at the dinner table) that just made you laugh?

No comments:

Post a Comment