Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Is This a Better Angle?

So Stephen and I have really gotten into this blog thing; especially Stephen. It seems as if every time something happens one of us Stephen says, "put that on the blog!" So now in lieu of one regular post, here is a collection of what "I should put that on the blog"


The other day, my in-laws pulled out a board game called "Pass the Pig." To make a long story short, you roll two dice sized pigs and depending on how they land, you get points. You can choose to stop rolling and keep your points or you can roll again to try to increase your points. If they land a certain way, you lose all of your points and pass them to the next person. The winner is the first person to get to 100 points. "Courtney, this should go on your blog!"



 
The pigs on the instructions are pretty terrifying.
 
 


But these pigs are pretty adorable. I felt bad tossing them.
 
 


 
My father-in-law lost all of his points! Preachers DO get angry, but only when he loses points tossing bacon around.
 
 
 
Next let's recap on the last blog entry where I said Stephen carries all the groceries in and I only carry the eggs?
 
 

 
Proof!
But, in all honesty I had to make him stop walking to take the picture so it wouldn't be blurry.
 
 

 
Then he turns to me and says:
 
"Wait, is this a better angle?? Does this show more bags?"
"You should put that on your blog!"
 
 

 
Lastly, I thought I would document a recipe I made the other day. I love me some Philly cheese steaks! and I stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest called "Philly cheese sloppy joes." Perfect. I don't take any credit for making this recipe except for following instructions, but just in case I inspire you to make this recipe, you can find it at this link.
 
 
Now, if you are like me and you are poor, I make my own buns. I spent less money making my own buns than buying a $2.50 bag of eight at the store. If you would like the recipe I used to make the buns, you can click on the link below.
 
 
 
Cool, so first I got all the ingredients together. I'm not a chef and I don't have all the correct ingredients. I have yellow and orange peppers instead of green; sue me!
 
 

 
Yes, I did add a little Franks RedHot wing sauce.
 
 

 
Brown the meat (drain) and throw everything else in the pot
 

 
Make and bake the buns
 
 
 
Assemble and inhale!
 
 
The buns were so delicious with this recipe. It's definitely worth making yourself. Anyway, I made two and ate one before I got to the table. I didn't make the cheese sauce the recipe called for because I like just a good ole slice of provolone cheese on my Philly cheese steak. Stephen wanted the cheese sauce so he made it for his sloppy joes. He admitted it was not as good as just putting a slice on top. So HA! "Let's put THAT on my blog!"
 
 
Okay, so maybe this entry wasn't as funny as others, but that's what happens when you tell me to put THAT on my blog!
 
Until another day! Let me know how you like this blog entry compared to the others. Do you like recipes? Yes or no.

1 comment:

  1. Ive played tbe pig game. The first time was hilarious when i rolled "makin bacon".

    ReplyDelete